Friday, November 19, 2010

Creativity and Inspiration

Thanks to Jessica over at Confessions of a Homeschooler, I found a "blog hop" the other day where the Jessica Sprague Art of Digital Design Alumni were sharing the backgrounds and clipart-type images that they made as a showcase of what they have learned.  They each had a few elements you could download for free, but they all kept to the same color palette so it would be interchangeable.  Here are two images they used to show some of the elements:



The people from Jessica's classes came up with amazing images.  These backgrounds and images are used for "Digi-Scrapping" which is like scrapbooking, but you use digital images to put your layout together instead of physical papers, brads, etc.  I did this last few years for our Christmas Cards.  Here is last year's card:



When I visited the Jessica Sprague site, I was delighted!  They have so many classes that you can take on everything from digital photography and Digi-scrapping to Digital design.  They also sell their work, which you can then use to create with.  Even if you scrapbook with paper, you can print out some of the images or background papers and use them.  On the blog, they also have days where they share layouts and such for inspiration, which you can use for anything from Scrapbooking to Cardmaking to Blog design.

I am over-the-moon excited!  I can't wait to use some of the free stuff I got from the blog hop the other day to make our Christmas Cards for this year, and I am already adding classes to my "wishlist" that I am hoping to do after the Christmas season is over.  I have always liked the blog layout over at Confessions of a Homeschooler, and have been looking for some way of updating my layout in the future.  I even have a theme I have been thinking about.  I had already made the background and header that I currently use, but I used images that were available to me.  I have never made my own image before and I was not sure how I would get the logo to look like what I see in my head.  I was thinking I would have to hire someone at some point.  Maybe if I take some classes, I will have enough design experience to make my own little logo.  I can dream, right?

2 comments:

  1. What program do you use when playing around with digi stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly use Adobe Photoshop, at the moment. I have used both Microsoft Word and Publisher, as well. For instance, I used a background and Snowman image in Word to make my own stationary to write to our sponsored child. I also used Publisher to make a layout for our baby announcement for our youngest and added the photo at the end. I also used Publisher to make some of the Mommy Cards I have because it was easier to get the right layout for printing. In looking at Jessica's website, and others, I am dreaming of Adobe Illustrator (for creating elements) and Lightroom (for editing photos). So, I will let you know what I think of them if I start using them! =0)

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome, but moderated to prevent ads from showing up as comments. It may take a short while for your comment to be visible.