Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Princess!


Happy Birthday to my Princess, who seven years ago rocked my world by making my dream of being a mommy come true.  As a baby, she was content and quiet...until she just didn't like something!  She still screams the loudest when she is just. not. happy.  But she also tends to walk through life content and joyful.  I thank God for that because she weathered my "mommy ignorance" pretty well.  We looked at some of her baby pictures today and I thought I would share some of my favorite pictures and memories of her first few years...


  • When getting my ultrasound, we decided to find out the sex of the baby.  She was turned the wrong way and we had to move on, with the promise we would check one more time before leaving.  I said, "Come on, baby, turn around so we can see what you are."  A minute later, she moved and we were able to easily see that she was a girl.  =0)
  • Here she is less than two weeks old. Smiling already!
  • While watching Baby Einstein farm animals for the first time, she LOVED when the kids would start to sing.  I have a video of her sitting studying the screen until they would sing, then she would look at me and give me a BIG smile as if to say, "Did you hear that, mom?"  They would stop singing and she would go back to studying...as soon as the voices started again she would look at me with that BIG smile again.
  • Baby Einstein age
  • When Little Man was still laying on his blanket at two months, not even rolling yet, Princess was coloring and came over to give him some crayons to play with, too.
  • At sharing, she's a natural!
  • Little Man had an infection that made him cry all the time as a baby.  I was frustrated and sad for him as he cried one day, and Princess (around 2 years old) said, "That's okay mommy, that's what babies do."  Yeah, she has always been articulate!
  • No one believed me that she was
    loud at home...
  • Our neighbors had some work done on their driveway, and she LOVED to watch the backhoe!
  • "I wanna see the backhoe!"
  • Princess is a natural momma...she wonders aloud how she will juggle being both Mom and a veterinarian.
  • Little Mom
  • Princess was so affectionate toward Little Man that she even wanted to be close to him when they were both buckled in at meal times.  Her solution was to "hold feet" with him.
  • Meal times are still time to be close...
  • She has always had her own sense of style.  As we looked through pictures, it was all about the layering...
  • Pajama shirt, Bathing suit, Jean shorts...
Here are some of my other favorites from the first few years:

Three Months

18 months...this is a week before Little Man was born.



Bounce house fun! 2 1/2 years old.

Loving Big Sister
Loving Big sister, again!

If you have any memories of her you would like to share, leave them in the comments here or on Facebook and I will share them with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome, but moderated to prevent ads from showing up as comments. It may take a short while for your comment to be visible.