Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Let me introduce you to...Homemaker's By Choice

I was never a big podcast or radio person, but that has changed. Over the last few years, I have transitioned much of the time I spent watching TV to listening to radio programs, reading and, well, blogging! I started out listening to Focus on the Family and Crown Financial Ministries, which are both really good programs. But I found myself looking for something with practical advice and wisdom for me as I went through the day-to-day realities of being an at-home mom. I stumbled upon the Homemaker's By Choice Podcast by accident, but immediately knew I found a great resource! When I later found out that their founder, Donna Otto, was mentored for a time by Elisabeth Elliot, I gained even more respect for the ministry. After listening to them for 2 or 3 years now, I have only praise for their ministry.

If you have not heard of this wonderful ministry, I hope you will check them out. As their name suggests, they encourage women to stay at home with their children - however, their resources are helpful for any mother. They do not have a negative attitude toward women who work. They have even had programs that specifically deal with issues working mothers face. I have learned about Organization, Child Discipline, Marriage, and Building Traditions into your family, among other things - and have always felt encouraged at the end of listening. I have also implemented some of their resources which have helped me to improve in my organizational and mothering abilities. If you are interested, you can also check out their website which includes some other helpful resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome, but moderated to prevent ads from showing up as comments. It may take a short while for your comment to be visible.